We’re glad you asked!
2-step verification helps protect your account. We take various measures to secure your account, and you can add another layer of protection with our 2-step verification. Once enabled, 2-step verification authenticates your identity by sending a code to your cell phone or email address. Security experts recognize that multi-factor authentication can help prevent your account password from being compromised.
Enabling 2-step verification is easy. To turn this feature on, follow these simple steps:
- You will need your computer and your cell phone handy to set up the phone 2-step verification.
- Log onto your account on the Vestwell portal
- From the Security tab, click on "Enable"
- Enter your current password to verify the email you use when logging into your account, and click "Continue"
- Enter your cell phone number to receive a validation code, and click continue.
- Be sure to have your cell phone nearby, as the code will expire in 2 minutes
- Enter the validation code, and click "Enable"
- On the Company Info page, you should see that the 2-step Verification is Enabled.
In the future, you may "Disable" the 2-step Verification if you want to or if you need to change the phone number associated with your account.
Each time you change your 2-step verification settings, you will receive an email similar to this one confirming the change.
Logging in with 2-Step Verification enabled
Each time you log in to the portal, you will be provided the option to receive a verification code via text message.
- Enter the validation code you receive on your cell phone and click "continue"
Please remember that your validation code will expire in 2 minutes.